Terms and Conditions
About Our Website
We provide users with access to communications tools, which may be accessed through any medium or device now known or hereafter devised, including websites, software, and applications that deliver and receive information through a network of properties. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new tools that alter or improve the current Website shall be included in the definition of “Website.”
Our Website provides information regarding a variety of direct-to-consumer merchandise.
Accessing the Website
You may access portions of the Website without registering. However, in order to access some portions and features of the Website, and to make purchases, you may be required to register with and sign into the Website. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username, password and other information used to register and sign in to the Website, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under this password and username. Please immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security by contacting us at inquiries@ The Crave.com. In the event you use our Website over mobile devices, you hereby acknowledge that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as excess broadband fees, will still apply.
Our Intellectual Property
The Crave and our associated logos and names are our trademarks and/or service marks. Other trademarks, service marks, names, and logos used on or through the Website, such as trademarks, service marks, names, or logos associated with third party organizations, are the trademarks, service marks, or logos of their respective owners. You are granted no right or license with respect to any of the foregoing trademarks, service marks, or logos.
Certain materials available on or through the Website are our Works (i.e., Content we own, authored, created, purchased, or licensed). Our Works may be protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, and/or other laws, and we reserve and retain all rights in our Works and the Website. We hereby grant you a royalty-free, limited, revocable, non-sublicensable, and non-exclusive license to access our Works solely for your personal use in connection with using the Website. You may not otherwise reproduce, distribute, communicate to the public, make available, adapt, publicly perform, link to, or publicly display the Works or any adaptations thereof unless expressly set forth herein.
Pricing and Product Descriptions
Although we make reasonable efforts to provide accurate pricing information and product descriptions, pricing mistakes, typographical errors or mistakes regarding product availability may occur. We reserve the right to correct such mistakes and errors. In the event that a product is listed at an incorrect price or a product description is inaccurate, we shall have the right, in our sole discretion, to reject any order or to cancel any orders placed for that product. In those circumstances, if your credit card has already been charged, we will issue a credit to your credit card within a commercially reasonable amount of time.
Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement For User Posted Content and Links
We have adopted a policy, in compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), to enable, at our sole discretion, the expeditious removal of infringing material and the termination of repeat infringers’ accounts. If you have a good faith belief that your copyright is being infringed by any Content accessible on or through the Website, please send a notice of claimed infringement, including the information listed below, to our Designated Copyright Agent at: inquiries@The Crave.com
To be effective, the notice of claimed infringement must include the following required contents:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity that is to be removed, or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material (providing specific URLs is the best way to help us locate the Content quickly);
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as the address, telephone, fax, and/or an email address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please note that information provided in this legal notice may be forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing Content.
Procedure for Making Other Complaints
If you believe that your rights, or the rights of a third party, are being violated in any way by any Content accessible on or through the Website, please contact us at email@example.com.
Where appropriate, we will work to prevent unlawful activity from taking place on or through the Website.
Prohibited Conduct/Representations and Warranties
You represent and warrant that you will not use the Website to:
- Violate any law (including without limitation laws related to torts, contracts, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights, defamation, obscenity, rights of publicity, or other rights) or encourage or provide instructions to another to do so;
- Act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to use the Website, including without limitation by engaging in conduct that is harmful, threatening, abusive, inflammatory, intimidating, violent or encouraging of violence, harassing, stalking, invasive of another’s privacy, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- Post any User Content containing unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, spam, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unauthorized solicitation;
- Post any User Content containing sweepstakes, contests, or lotteries, or otherwise related to gambling;
- Post any User Content containing copyrighted materials, or materials protected by other intellectual property laws, that you do not own;
- Post any User Content for which you have not obtained all necessary written permissions and releases;
- Misrepresent any fact (including without limitation your identity);
- Post any User Content that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, including by engaging in any denial of service attack or similar conduct;
- Exceed your authorized access to any portion of the Website;
- Collect or store personal data about anyone;
- Modify without permission any part of the Website;
- Obtain or attempt to access or otherwise obtain any Content or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Website;
- Exploit errors in design, features which are not documented and/or bugs to gain access that would otherwise not be available;
- Use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Website for any purpose;
- Take any action that imposes, or may impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; or
- Interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any activities conducted on the Website, or bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Website.
You will indemnify and hold us harmless from any and all third party claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses), relating to or arising under or out of the relationship between you and us described in these Terms, including any breach of the representations and warranties contained herein. You hereby agree that we shall have the sole right and obligation to control the legal defense against any such claims, demands, or litigation, including the right to select counsel of our choice and to compromise or settle any such claims, demands, or litigation.
YOU USE THE WEBSITE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. WE PROVIDE THE WEBSITE “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”. WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND RELATED TO THE WEBSITE AND CONTENT OR PURCHASES OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
WE MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT (1) THE WEBSITE OR PURCHASES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; (3) THE WEBSITE RESULTS WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (4) THE QUALITY OF ANY CONTENT OR PURCHASES OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS; OR (5) THE WEBSITE, OUR SERVERS, OR COMMUNICATIONS SENT FROM US WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
NO INFORMATION OR PURCHASES OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, WE SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY SORT INCURRED AS THE RESULT OF THE FOLLOWING:
- DELAYING, REJECTING, OR REMOVING ANY OR ALL CONTENT AT ANY TIME FOR ANY OR NO REASON WHATSOEVER WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU;
- MODIFYING OR DISCONTINUING TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY, THE WEBSITE (OR ANY PART THEREOF) WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU FOR ANY OR NO REASON WHATSOEVER;
- IMMEDIATELY TERMINATING YOUR ACCESS TO THE WEBSITE FOR ANY OR NO REASON WHATSOEVER AND WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE TO YOU;
- THE ACCURACY, USEFULNESS, OR AVAILABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION POSTED TO OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE; OR
- ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY SORT INCURRED BY YOU AS A RESULT OF INTERACTIONS YOU HAVE WITH THIRD-PARTIES FOUND ON OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE.
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, STATUTORY, EXEMPLARY, EXPECTATION, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFIT, LOSS OF GOODWILL, INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER FINANCIAL LOSS) IN ASSOCIATION WITH ANY CLAIM, OR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, ACTION, SUIT OR OTHER PROCEEDING RELATING TO OR ARISING UNDER OR OUT OF THE TERMS, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER THE ACTION IS FOUNDED UPON CONTRACT, INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, TORT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER GROUNDS. YOU AGREE NOT TO FILE ANY LAWSUIT OR PROCEEDING INCONSISTENT WITH THE FOREGOING LIABILITY LIMITATIONS.
SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT PERMIT CERTAIN LIABILITY LIMITATIONS. IF ANY COURT DETERMINES THE LAW OF SUCH A JURISDICTION APPLIES, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
If you have a dispute with one or more users of the Website, or with any party who provides advertising or third-party services, on, or through the Website, or with any party who provides a website linked to on the Website, you release us from claims, demands, and damages (incidental, indirect, punitive, statutory, exemplary, expectation, special, or consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute. You also waive California Civil Code §1542 which says:
“A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.”
You also waive any and all benefits and rights that would otherwise accrue to you by reason of the provisions of any federal or state statute or principle of common law of any state of the United States, or any political entity or nation, province or local law or regulation that may govern this release, which statute, regulation, law or principle provides in substance something similar to California Civil Code § 1542. You agree not to file any action or lawsuit inconsistent with the foregoing release.
Dispute Resolution; Limit on Time to Bring Claim; Arbitration of Claims; Class Action Waiver
REGARDLESS OF ANY STATUTE OR LAW TO THE CONTRARY, ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION RELATING TO, ARISING UNDER OR OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY SALES MADE THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE OR BE FOREVER BARRED.
Both you and The Crave agree, with the limited exceptions noted below, to resolve all disputes between you and Élisir through BINDING ARBITRATION as further provided below. ARBITRATION MEANS THAT YOU AND THE COMPANY ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION.
Both you and The Crave waive the right to bring any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or relating in any way to your use of the Website, your account, your purchases through the Website, or products purchased through the Website as a class, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action, or to participate in a class, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action regarding any such claim brought by anyone else. (This waiver, which is discussed further below, is generally referred to herein as the class action waiver.)
Use of this Website, any purchases made through this Website, and any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or relating in any way to your use of the Website, your account, your purchases through the Website, or products purchased through the Website shall be governed by the laws of the your home state of residence without respect to its choice (or conflict) of laws rules.
Jurisdiction and venue for any dispute shall be in New York, NY. Each party submits to personal jurisdiction and venue in that forum for any and all purposes. If this paragraph would render any other paragraph or provision of these Terms unenforceable, then jurisdiction and venue shall instead be in your home county of residence.
The arbitration shall take place in New York, NY in accordance with the Consumer Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Those rules are available at: http://www.adr.org.
This arbitration agreement is subject to the Federal Arbitration Act and is enforceable pursuant to its terms on a self-executing basis. Either party may seek enforcement of this provision in any court of competent jurisdiction.
The arbitrator shall determine any and all challenges to the arbitrability of a claim. The arbitral award shall be judicially enforceable. Any court of competent jurisdiction may, and upon request shall, enter judgment on the arbitral award. Either party may seek confirmation (judgment on the award) and/or enforcement in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Both you and The Crave waive the right to bring any claim covered by this dispute resolution provision as a class, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action, or to participate in a class, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action regarding any claim covered by this dispute resolution provision brought by anyone else.
Notwithstanding any provision in the Consumer Arbitration Rules to the contrary, the arbitrator shall not have the authority or any jurisdiction to hear the arbitration as a class, consolidated, representative, or private attorney general action or to consolidate, join, or otherwise combine the claims of different persons into one proceeding. If a proposed class, consolidated, representative, collective, or private attorney general action arbitration is initiated notwithstanding the above prohibition and it is finally determined by the arbitrator (or a court of competent jurisdiction) that the waiver specified herein is not enforceable, then the entirety of this Dispute Resolution procedure shall be null and void.
Notwithstanding the foregoing binding arbitration procedure, either party may bring an individual action in small claims court (provided the claim otherwise qualifies for such program) as an alternative to proceeding with arbitration.
You may elect to opt out (exclude yourself) from the final, binding arbitration procedure and the class action waiver specified in these Terms by doing the following. Within 15 days of making your first purchase from The Crave, you must send an email to inquiries@The Crave.com that specifies (1) your name, (2) your account member name, (3) your mailing address, and (4) your request to be excluded from the final, binding arbitration procedure and class action waiver specified in these Terms. All other Terms shall continue to apply to you and your account, including the requirement to participate in pre-dispute mediation. You are not required to send the letter by confirmed mail or return receipt requested, but it is recommended that you do so. Your request to be excluded will only be effective and enforceable if you can prove that the request was postmarked within the applicable 15-day deadline.
Notice For California Users
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, users of the Website from California are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and The Crave, and govern your use of the Website and purchases made thereon.
These Terms supersede any prior agreements between you and us with respect to the Website and purchases made thereon.
These Terms and the rights, benefits and obligations contained herein are fully assignable by us and will be binding upon and inure to the benefit of our successors and assigns.
No party, nor any of the parties’ respective attorneys, shall be deemed the drafter of this agreement for purposes of interpreting any provision hereof in any judicial or other proceeding that may arise between the parties.
Except as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms, there shall be no third-party beneficiaries to this agreement. For the purpose of clarity, The Crave representatives, officers, shareholders, subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, and agents are intended third-party beneficiaries.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by these Terms.
Any failure by us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Any waiver of any right or provision of these Terms must be in writing.
If any provision of these Terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the court should nevertheless endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of these Terms remain in full force and effect.
The headings in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
We may terminate these Terms for any or no reason at any time by notifying you through a notice on the Website, by email, or by any other method of communication. Any such termination will be without prejudice to our rights, remedies, claims, or defenses hereunder. Upon termination of the Terms you will no longer have a right to access your account or your User Content. We will not have any obligation to assist you in migrating your data or your User Content and we may not keep any back up of any of your User Content. We will not be responsible for deleting your User Content.
“Include,” “Includes,” “Including,” “include,” “includes,” and “including” herein mean including without limitation.